Grand Rapids Wrongful Death Attorneys
Aggressive, Compassionate Advocacy.
No family should have to face the unexpected death of a loved one.
If a family member has wrongfully suffered death because of someone else’s negligence, the personal representative of the deceased may bring a lawsuit on behalf of the family for money damages against those responsible.
Scozzari Graham, PLLC, has experience prosecuting complicated wrongful death actions against drivers and companies. We have found that a team-based approach to these cases is the best way to help the family navigate the legal hurdles that arise at this difficult time.
Often such cases require not only the administration of the estate and the claims, but also litigation. Our experience in the courtroom and our success at trial means that when you retain us you will have the power of a law firm that knows the intricacies of civil litigation and knows how to win.
Who Can Recover Damages?
Michigan law allows certain family members to recover damages in a wrongful death claim. The following family members of the deceased person can seek compensation in a lawsuit:
- spouses and children;
- parents and grandparents;
- brothers and sisters;
- children of the deceased person's spouse; and
- anyone who is left property in the deceased person's will.
A court may award economic and non-economic money damages, including but not limited to:
- reasonable hospital, medical, funeral, and burial expenses;
- lost wages and income, including the value of wages and income the deceased person would have earned in the future if they had lived;
- pain and suffering endured by the deceased person;
- loss of care, companionship, and other intangible benefits that the family members enjoyed due to their relationship with the deceased person.
Let Scozzari Graham, PLLC, Advocate for you.
If you have lost a loved one to a wrongful death, contact us for an explanation of your legal rights and assessment of the case. Our experienced civil attorneys can help you navigate the complex legal processes in the days to come and protect your legal interests.